Search This Blog

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Pre-K Workshop!

This past Wednesday I presented at my very first workshop! I have known since late May that my pre-k director wanted me to present at our summer symposium, but deep down I was hoping she would forget. I am very outgoing and could talk to a wall, but I was a little nervous about talking for 6 hours to my pre-k peers about literacy and math centers in pre-k. Well, after a sleepless night I made it early to the professional development center and I believe the workshop went well. Another teacher who works in a blended class also helped with the workshop, so I wasn't on my own. I have always wanted to be an advocate for pre-k and early childhood education, so I guess this workshop puts me one step closer to that goal. :)

1 comment:

  1. Great blog Marissa! Scott and I have been advocating early childhood ed at local town hall meetings/debates (don't vote for Ron Ramsey...he wants to get rid of Pre-K...grrrr!). I'm sure you did an excellent job at your symposium!

    - Thanh

    ReplyDelete