Search This Blog

Monday, July 26, 2010

Getting ready for back to school!

The last week of July is always bittersweet to me. I'm always excited and looking forward to meeting my new students, but I always dread the first few weeks of school. All the chaos and anxiety by students and parents wears me out. Being that I serve mostly a Hispanic population and other non English speaking families makes everyone more anxious the first few days of school due to the language barrier. Currently I am working on a welcome letter that I will mail hopefully next week to my new pre-k students. I haven't done this before since it is so difficult to have everything translated. However, this year I've decided that it is too important not to. Something as simple as a one page letter introducing myself, my educational assistant, and giving the parents some important reminders about dates, times, dress code, etc will help to settle some of the uneasiness on the first day. I also found a cute first day of pre-k award to send home with each child after his or her first day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment