Search This Blog

Saturday, July 24, 2010

First Post

Well I am brand new to this whole blog world. I always love searching online and reading other peoples blogs about pre-k and early childhood so I thought that I would give it a try. The countdown has began! Summer break is over soon, school officially starts in 3 weeks. However, starting next week I will be busy working away in my classroom to get ready for the kiddos in August. During the summer I'm always day dreaming of things I could do in my classroom, mostly decorative. The older I get the more crafty I am becoming. Today I made three very cute stools for my classroom library. I made the stools using plastic buckets that I bought at Lowes. I got the idea from a Pre-K teacher friend. They were super easy to make and didn't cost much. Probably a total of $5 each. I will upload a picture soon. Last week after a tedious summer long hunt I finally bought a rocking chair off of craigslist. I only paid $20. It was in pretty good condition plus I painted it red. I also painted a child sized wood chair I already was using in my classroom. They both turned out cute. I've wanted a rocking chair for some time, but I'm too cheap. So as of right now I am pretty proud of myself for getting such a good deal. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment